Bites and Stings
Suffered a spider bite on your camping trip or got stung by a honey bee out in the garden?
Head into Saddleback Family and Urgent Care when you need quick treatment for bites and stings.
Bee stings and bug bites are a part of life. And while most reactions are mild, others require professional medical attention. Spiders, mosquitoes, snakes, bees, wasps, ticks and other bugs can inject venom or transfer proteins through their saliva that cause symptoms at the site of the bite.
Symptoms of Bites and Stings:
- Slight numbness
Most times, these symptoms will subside on their own. However, there are times when it’s important to see a doctor. Visit Saddleback Family and Urgent Care for:
- Bites or stings near the mouth or sensitive areas
- Redness or swelling that persists for more than 72 hours
- Signs of infection such as pus or oozing
- A red, donut-shaped or target-shaped rash that develops after a tick bite: a symptom of Lyme disease
- Flu-like symptoms, such as fever, body aches, and fatigue: signs of some mosquito-borne diseases
Some people develop severe and life-threatening reactions to bites and stings. If you or someone you know experiences the following symptoms, call 911 or head straight to the ER.
- Abdominal cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swelling of your face, lips, or throat
- Breathing problems
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasms
- Severe pain where you were bitten
- Speech difficulties
- Tissue around the bite is dying (becoming necrotic)
Saddleback Family and Urgent Care is open 7 days a week and offers affordable, walk-in treatment for moderate to severe bites and stings. Our medical team can evaluate your bite or sting and prescribe a treatment plan to get you back to feeling your best.
Visit us 7 days a week
Reserve appointment online or call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Online check-in See services that require call-ahead appointments $
23962 Alicia Parkway, Suite I-1
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Get Directions $
Phone: (949) 452-7699
M-F 8am - 7pm
S/S 8am - 5pm