Medicare Wellness Visit
Your annual wellness and preventive visit is important to your overall care and we recommend you make it a priority to come in every year.
Medicare covers 100% of the cost of your visit each year.
Please make sure it has been more than one year since your welcome visit or last wellness visit.
What to expect
At the Annual Wellness Visit, your doctor will:
- Talk to you about your medical history
- Review and discuss your risk factors
- Make a personalized plan to keep you healthy
Limitations: Medicare is very specific about what this visit includes and excludes.
This visit is not the same thing as what is often referred to as a yearly physical exam, and does not include a hands-on exam, nor does it include other testing or discussion about any new or current medical problems, conditions, or medications.
Does not include:
- Physical examination and screenings
- Discussion of chronic disease, such as hypertension or diabetes
- Treatment of an immediate health concern like a cold
- Prescription medicine refills
You will need to schedule another appointment to discuss anything that is not part of the Annual Wellness and Preventive Visit, as defined by Medicare.
Come prepared: write it down!
Please come prepared with the information in this check list to make the most of your exam and help us better partner in your care.
- Any notable changes in health, mood or memory
- Any injuries or falls in the last year
- Recent labs, diagnostic test, or immunizations (bring your immunization card if available)
- Your current prescription and over-the- counter medications with dosages
- Names of vitamins and supplements regularly taken
- Any updates to your medical history: surgeries, hospitalizations, new allergies, and new diagnoses from other physicians
- Updates to your family medical history
- Names of other physicians you are seeing and what you are seeing them for.
- If you have a living will or advanced directive, please bring it with you.
If you have any questions before your exam, please call us.
Visit us 7 days a week
Walk-in or check-in online for fast care when you need it, or call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Online check-in is limited to walk-in services. See services that require call-ahead appointments $
Prevention is the Best Medicine
While it’s important to wear sunscreen all year long, the sun’s UV rays are strongest during the summer months, making it a critical time to lather up. But, choosing a sunscreen can be tricky. With varying SPFs, water- and sweat-proof claims, and different textures...
Sweet summertime! Are you looking forward to lighting up the grill for some easy, delicious meals? Or, maybe you’re heading outdoors and ready for s’mores over a campfire. And 4th of July fireworks are right around the corner as well. While these seasonal pastimes...
Does your arthritis seem more noticeable in the summer? Do pain, swelling and stiffness make it difficult to move? Seasonal factors such as humidity, dehydration, and changes in barometric pressure can contribute to joint pain and intensify arthritis symptoms.While...