Medicare Wellness Visit
Your annual wellness and preventive visit is important to your overall care and we recommend you make it a priority to come in every year.
Medicare covers 100% of the cost of your visit each year.
Please make sure it has been more than one year since your welcome visit or last wellness visit.
What to expect
At the Annual Wellness Visit, your doctor will:
- Talk to you about your medical history
- Review and discuss your risk factors
- Make a personalized plan to keep you healthy
Limitations: Medicare is very specific about what this visit includes and excludes.
This visit is not the same thing as what is often referred to as a yearly physical exam, and does not include a hands-on exam, nor does it include other testing or discussion about any new or current medical problems, conditions, or medications.
Does not include:
- Physical examination and screenings
- Discussion of chronic disease, such as hypertension or diabetes
- Treatment of an immediate health concern like a cold
- Prescription medicine refills
You will need to schedule another appointment to discuss anything that is not part of the Annual Wellness and Preventive Visit, as defined by Medicare.
Come prepared: write it down!
Please come prepared with the information in this check list to make the most of your exam and help us better partner in your care.
- Any notable changes in health, mood or memory
- Any injuries or falls in the last year
- Recent labs, diagnostic test, or immunizations (bring your immunization card if available)
- Your current prescription and over-the- counter medications with dosages
- Names of vitamins and supplements regularly taken
- Any updates to your medical history: surgeries, hospitalizations, new allergies, and new diagnoses from other physicians
- Updates to your family medical history
- Names of other physicians you are seeing and what you are seeing them for.
- If you have a living will or advanced directive, please bring it with you.
If you have any questions before your exam, please call us.
Visit us 7 days a week
Walk-in or check-in online for fast care when you need it, or call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Online check-in is limited to walk-in services. See services that require call-ahead appointments $
Prevention is the Best Medicine
As the weather warms up, many of us will start heading outdoors to enjoy all that nature has to offer. Whether you are planning a picnic at your favorite park or a week-long camping trip, spending time outdoors brings an increased risk of insect bites and bee stings....
The weather is starting to warm up as we head into spring - and with that warm weather comes seasonal allergies. Do you find yourself plagued by itchy eyes, a runny nose, and endless sneezing every time you venture outdoors in the spring? According to the CDC, you may...
Tips for a Safe Spring Break We’ve made it through the middle of winter, and spring is just around the corner! With spring comes more outdoor activities – and spring break. Read on for some tips for a safe – and fun! – spring break! Know what to expect While we seem...